Sunday, January 24, 2010
TiLB! This is Long Beach!
So I woke up at about 3am to change the baby's diaper, and then Miho fed the baby while I decided to tackle the snake pit of electrical chords behind my workstation computer to install a new battery backup system. By about 4am Miho and Minami called it quits and crashed back into their sleep while I was knee deep in a mess of wires. That's about when I heard a really loud set of screeching - I usually don't bother to look out my window unless I hear a crash (I've seen at least 4 major crashes from our balcony). So a few minutes later I hear a long series of sirens (which is also not unusual in the LB) but this time there were a lot of sirens and they continued on while I frustrated myself with what power chord went to what device. That's when I noticed the sirens were getting louder and closer with the rumbling of a helicopter getting close as well. I knew something was up and I sprang to my feet and pulled back the vertical blinds. I saw the helicopter circling the neighboring tower and then shining it's spotlight on the street Shoreline Dr. Speeding down Shoreline Dr was a dark colored SUV followed by an infinite number of police cars. The SUV made a hard right into the Arena parking lot (ironically where they hold the Grand Prix) and sped down to the end where there's a cinder block wall with a tight opening that's usually blocked by a chain. The SUV busted through the chain and made a left on Seaside Way where it probably sped all the way down to Pine Ave hitting a right and then another right on Ocean where is passed by our building again. I can't imagine the SUV getting very far but I guess I'll have to check the news for the rest of the story. Oh and I successfully installed my computer's battery backup system, yay! Check out the pictures...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment