Friday, May 07, 2010

Bike be Gone

My bicycle is officially stolen. So the thief got through a garage gate that needs a control to open, a locked door, and then finally a 1/2 inch thick bicycle lock (which they cut through). This whole tragedy reeks of an inside job! My bike isn't even the nicest bike in the storage area and they didn't even touch my wife's pink beach cruiser that was on the same bicycle lock. If I ever get over this heartbreak and get another bike I'm going to get one of those thick-ass chains and a monster sized lock to secure my bike - like they do in New York. I was laughing as I saw guys in NY riding on their bicycles with these heavy chains draped over their shoulders like barbarians but now I see the virtue of having a chain and lock that can't be cut with anything less than a welding torch.

No comments:

SKYguy76 Current Tweet