Friday, April 23, 2010

Accessorizing Nudity

Recalled a funny gym story from back in the day. So I'm at 24 Hour Fitness drying my swim trunks by the sink in the locker room - OK so drying my swim trunks with the hot air blower could be seen as a little eccentric but you don't want to be walking around with wet trunks in your gym bag only to find them a few days later all green and stinky - anyhoo, I'm minding my own business listening to my generic MP3 player (this was before I got my iPod Touch) and this guy with a moustache walks up to look in the the mirror. This mustached guy, I kid you not, was wearing sunglasses in this dimly lit locker room AND the sunglasses were the only thing he was wearing as he was checking himself out in the mirror. So as he's stretching his various body parts (granted, he was in good shape... hairy but definitely fit), his "sock monkey" swinging away with every twist and turn, he asks me, "Hey, I've never seen an iPod like that." Annoyed by his tech-ignoramus I tried to explain how my MP3 player was not an iPod and yet was basically an iPod all the while keeping my eye-line above the sink counter. So he goes, "Yeah, I got to get me one of those." And then he struts off, butt-nekked except for his moustache and sunglasses. So that's why I broke down and got an official iPod, to avoid unnecessary locker room conversations.

No comments:

SKYguy76 Current Tweet